Updated: Apr 7, 2020
1 Cup warm water (110ºF give or take, it cannot be too hot or it will kill the yeast)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 to 2-1/2 Cups flour
• Whatever toppings you prefer!
Making the Dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup water, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon yeast.
2. Let the yeast proof.
3. Mix in the 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough flour (around 2-1/4 cups usually) to form a ball. Knead 3 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. Let sit for 10 minutes to rise a bit.
5. Stretch out the dough and pat out on a lined baking sheet.
6. Add your favorite toppings.
7. Bake at 425ºF for 20 minutes.
8. Cool, slice, and enjoy!